The Muslim Writers Guild of America (Majlis Ansar Sultan ul Qalam, USA) is holding regional conferences across the country. The aim of these conferences is to emphasize the significance of utilizing the pen in spreading the beauties of Islam and defending the honor of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). The conference schedule is as follows:
10:00am Recitation & English Translation of the Holy Qur’an (96:1-6)
10:05am Welcome Address By Local Chapter President
10:10am Welcome Address by Host Qaid
10:15am Chairman’s Address
10:45am Majlis Ansar Sultan ul Qalam History – Sohaib Awan
11:00am How To Write a Letter to the Editor – Sardar Anees Ahmad
11:50pm How Twitter & Social Media Maximize Impact – Kashif N Chaudhry
1:20pm Write, Edit, and Send Out Letters On Site
3:55pm Reconvene for Closing Remarks
4:00pm Dua and End Conference
Please also take note of the Instructions below.
Instructions: Each of these items are required to attend the MASQ (Muslim Writers Guild of America) Conference.
1. Bring a laptop with a charger cable. If you do not have one, bring a notebook and a pen.
2. Dress is business casual. This means no ripped jeans, no t shirts, no unprofessional attire. At a minimum, a collared dress shirt and a cap is required of all attendees.
3. Make sure you are up to date on your MKA Chanda before attending.
4. Write a letter to Khalifatul Masih (aba). Relate to Huzoor (aba) that you are attending per his guidance to become active in MASQ. Request Huzoor’s (aba) prayers for a successful MASQ Conference and for your success as a writer in defense of Islam and Prophet Muhammad (sa).
5. Offer at least one Tahujjed before attending in which you pray specifically for your own success as a writer, and for Allah’s help.
Each of these five matters should be completed by or before attending the MASQ Conference. Jazakallah.